"We're all mad here"

Monday, June 10, 2013

So....

I was going to do a post about the body, but I realized that's more of a Saturday topic. Since today is on life I might as well do something on something that is a big part of any teens life, music. So here is a list of 5 of my personal favorite songs (of this week) and why :)


  1. Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots, it reads like a poem and that is a big part of the reason why I like this. It has a deeper meaning, but I don't really care what that is, but to those of you that like deep songs, then there you go. He has a great rhythm (yes it is rap...sort of) and although it sadly does not have a great back beat, it does have good lyrics. "Sometimes quiet is violent." Is my personal favorite. :)

2. Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off- Panic! at the Disco. This one is on here partly because I'm going on a Panic! at the Disco craze right now (Don't worry, I only put one of there songs on here), but also because  its a fun song. It is all about sex pretty much, definitely pg-13 here, but I has a good beat. Great to sing along to, with a catchy chorus.

3. Face Down- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. So not a happy song. Its basically about domestic violence, but it sings it catchily. which is kind of scary when you think about it. The song details the feeling of the girl, where she's all, this will never happen again, he said sorry, he won't hurt me again. Its a view from the outside as well. Its catchy and sad, and a very good song. Good lyrics.

4. Same Love- Macklemore X Ryan Lewis ft Mary Lambert. This is a song about Gay Rights, which I strongly support. No, I am not gay, but I believe in human rights, and gay people are not aliens. They are perfectly human thank you very much. Anyway Macklemore is a wonderful rapper, he raps with the music, not letting the music go with him. Its like hes talking and its just fantastic. And Mary Lambert's voice is haunting and beautiful. Plus it has great lyrics, which really helps, because it a rap, all about the lyrics ya know. Not one of those raps that repeats the same thing over and over again.
5. I Don't Wanna Be In Love- Good Charlotte. Here is the Anthem for all of us unlovers out there! Love is so overrated and exhausting.So Sing it, "I DON'T WANNA BE IN LOVE!" All that needs to be said. Anyway its a catchy song, good beat. And well i just like the chorus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment